Be the best I can in the love of Christ
At St. Mary’s we promote our one overarching value and motto – aspiring for all to be the best they can in the love of Christ:
1. Create a caring Christian community in which everyone is valued and able to learn and grow together in the love of Christ;
2. Inspire all our children to develop enquiring minds and a lifelong love of learning;
3. Release potential through a broad and creative curriculum;
4. Sustain an environment in which independence, respect and resilience will flourish;
5. Nurture strong relationships between home, school, church and the wider community;
6. Empower the children to become responsible local, national and global citizens.
Our vision for St. Mary’s is to create a caring Christian school community in which everyone aims to be the best they can while showing love and respect to all. We believe that every child deserves a ‘real childhood’: one that provides them with opportunities to learn, create, imagine and explore the world around them – living life to the full. We endeavour to make their time at school as rewarding and enjoyable as possible; while maintaining a calm, safe and stimulating learning environment in which they feel happy to ‘have-a-go’, feeling motivated and supported to achieve their own challenging targets.
We work together promoting the values of: love, respect, resilience, independence, determination, courage and tolerance.